Bingo Chat Host Guide
At Swanky Bingo, during the games, you will notice a chat box to the side of your screen where you can interact with other players and our chat host. They are an integral part of any bingo site and you can credit much of your wonderful bingo experience to them as they are there to help out players during the games. If you are an avid bingo player, there may also be the possibility for you to become a bingo chat host yourself!
Here’s our bingo chat host guide below, with information for players on the role of the bingo chat host and how you can even become one yourself.
What is a Bingo Chat Host?
When you are playing games of bingo and interacting with other players, you will notice a username that says bingo chat host posting regularly. This is someone who is employed by the bingo site and is there to regulate the game. They ensure that the game runs according to plan and if you have any questions, they are there to answer them.
The Role of the Bingo Chat Host
A bingo chat host is a multifaceted role as there is lots to do and they are extremely good multi-taskers. This is always an interesting job role as they do a whole host of jobs. The main two roles that they play in bingo games are:
- Moderating Bingo Games – Bingo chat hosts moderate bingo games so that they run smoothly and to solve any problems during the game. The communities at most online bingo sites are great, just like the one here at Swanky Bingo, but there can sometimes be one player who is not being as respectful to others as they should be and create tension within the game. The bingo chat host will keep players in check to help keep the game calm and prevent any tension from running too high. They will moderate messages and have the power to exclude players from a game for breaking the rules. With our bingo chat hosts, you can be rest assured that all our desktop and mobile bingo rooms are safe and friendly places to play.
- Providing Answers – Bingo chat hosts are there to make sure that your gaming experience is the best that it can possibly be, so if you have a query, don’t hesitate to ask them as they are more than happy to help and are brimming with knowledge on all things bingo. They can help new players to the game if they are confused and will know about all the latest news and updates going on at the site.
Bingo Chat Host Guide Lingo You Need to Know
Whether you are a player in the game or the bingo chat host, both need to be on the same page and know the most common bingo lingo phrases in order to effectively communicate. Here are some of the most popular bingo lingo terms that you will see in the bingo rooms:
- WB – welcome back
- CTN – can’t talk right now
- BBS – be back soon
- HF – have fun
- THX – thanks
- Roomie – the players
- GL – good luck
- ROFL – rolling on the floor laughing
- TC – take care
- WDW – well done winner
- GB- goodbye
- LOL – laughing out loud
- G2G – got to go
Should I Become a Bingo Chat Host?
There is a set of characteristics that every bingo chat host needs to have if they want to keep up in the fast-paced world of online bingo rooms. Bingo chat hosts love their job as it is very sociable and busy, but never boring! Characteristics that every bingo chat host needs to have are:
- Calm – Tensions can run high in bingo rooms and they are always bustling with lots of players, so with lots going, the bingo chat host is the person who keeps calm under pressure and keeps the game running on course, no matter what unexpected things happen.
- Bingo Lingo – Chat hosts must be up to date with the latest terminology, also known as bingo lingo. This is one of the key ways hosts communicate with players and is a key point.
- Knowledge – Bingo chat hosts have to be knowledgeable on the game (brush up on the games rules with our how to play bingo guide) that they are playing as they are the go-to person for players. It would be embarrassing to be caught out by a player as not really knowing your stuff.
- Communication Skills – Alongside knowing your bingo lingo, to effectively communicate with players you need to be able to talk to them in a way that they will understand. This is a talent not every person will have!
- Computer Skills – Online bingo requires you to have good computer skills as you will be typing fast when replying to players. Bingo is a fast-paced game and the chat host has to be able to keep up.
- Enthusiasm – It is easy to spot a bingo host that doesn’t love the game. Part of the job role is to ensure that the excitement is there throughout and that players are having the best possible experience.
- Impartial – Bingo chat hosts have to mediate between players, which requires impartiality.
Bingo Chat Host FAQ
How to Apply to be a Bingo Chat Host?
There are lots of different application methods to be a bingo chat host depending on the site. You can send a CV to be kept in the talent pool for future job roles or apply for specific bingo chat host jobs on career websites.
Are Bingo Chat Hosts Paid?
Many bingo chat host roles are paid and some are rewarded in other ways with bingo perks.
Do Bingo Chat Hosts Work from Home?
Some bingo chat hosts work remotely while others will work from an office. This will be stated in any job posts.
Do Bingo Chat Hosts Receive Training?
Yes, you will receive training before you start the job role and working in the bingo rooms to ensure you are following company protocol.
Do Bingo Chat Hosts Work 9 – 5?
Some do, but most will work more unsociable hours including evenings and weekends as this is when bingo chat rooms are the liveliest.